t

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The DVC

Finally I got my hands on the one novel which my friends and the media world over are raving about...The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown...I was so happy to get my own copy though it was not a original paperback edition...but a local copy. I couldn't control my curiousity so I just started right away...Was a slow start than I expected, but I tell you that it must be a damn good one the way it puts you restless merely by making you think "What next"...and add to it the fact that I am inquisitive esp. when it comes to religion and don't have a tendency to take things at face value. I need to convince myself what is right and then choose to follow it. So, this was a welcome change in my reading which suffocated a while with my work related readings and findings and draftings. There was this interesting debate in the BBC on the same topic when the Catholic Church started to issue statements about the novel publicly. Check these links out!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3541342.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/4357493.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4350777.stm


It is sad indeed to know that truth is neither accepted nor is welcome. There was this "Have your Say" in BBC Section that ran for a long time debating on whether or not we need to take the DVC seriously, look at it as a fact or a mere fiction...As for me, with 100 odd pages completed now, I could say it is a fact-coated-fiction...the author himself has declared upfront that the information contained in the book is accurate. Not only that, many have concurred with his theories and perceptions. I ought to wait and see how the story is yarned till the end...If anybody reading this post has read the novel already and has some concrete opinions, please let me know by commenting.

1 Comments:

Blogger AVA said...

The DVC is an awesome book, I devoured it in probably no more than 2 days while on vacation. I think the facts in the book are 80% true, and then the other 20% is very vague, intended to be left to the imagination, or to debate, it's part of the reason it's been such a bestseller. I personally don't believe the Holy Grail is where they say it is, or who they say it is, but I do believe everything he sais about the Opus Dei, for instance.

2:35 PM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism