t

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Extremely Annoyed...

I was at my office, gaping at the monitor as usual, working on something relatively important, and this guy comes to me all of a sudden out of nowhere and points me to a sheet of paper in his hand and asks me some guidance to fill it...Oh God I thought...not again! May be this is the extreme of all the cases I have handled so far...controlling my anger, I asked him if he knew who I was or which department I belonged to. He replied that he didn't know but pleaded me to help him...how could one be so idiotic not knowing where he is or where to seek help! I was about to burst out but told him that someone has wrongly sent him to me and requested him to head to the other end of the block if he needed any help.

He went off feeling miserable. Lack of directions in my huge office makes it even more complicated for new comers who totally get lost, in an office which has many buildings with blocks and wings and floors...its quite natural a person would feel that he or she is in a maze without any directions whatsoever. Having faced the same situation some months back when I joined the company, I couldn’t help but empathized with him. But hey, there are ways and means to ask a person about anything, be it direction or any other help. You can't take someone for granted, intrude their workspace, spoil their concentration and time and energy, ask a stupid blunt question and walk away! May be such people need some tutoring to this effect...but how many things can you teach a person too? There is a limit where education can play its role and common sense comes into picture.

Huh...I wonder how many are going to bother me like this in the future. Till date I was very patient but today was one odd day where I lost control of it and went berserk. Moments later I felt so bad but thought its OK and got on with my piling work.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaatss said...

yes...i know SETI....btw how was your day.....i sent an email just to make sure you read it before rather than after.....which is a bad situation :)

9:05 AM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger AVA said...

I have SO been there. I work at a newspaper and my phone is one of the only ones listed in the front page of one of the sections. I get all kinds of calls, from people who want to put an add to sell their car, to someone who wants to complain about the governor's bad job, or someone who want's to report an accident. There are days when I'm polite and patient and try to re-direct them to the person they should really talk to, but sometimes I really go nuts and ask them about what section they want to call, they never know. so I hang up.

2:26 PM, June 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism