t

Friday, December 02, 2005

Time to call the shots...

I am fed up of working almost a decade now...and I know I would breakdown if I don't have a good sabbatical soon. It is clear to me that I am at my career crossroads...I hate to come to work everyday, clock in 8 hours nonstop and do something that doesn't matter to me...all I know is I have done enough justice to the studies that my parents provided and have benefitted many folds from it. Now it is time to call the shots and go for what I actually want to do...Setup a new business with an unfailing USP? A journalist? Playback singer? A painter? A theater person? I have lot of options before me...After all we need to use to gifts God has given us and make the most of it in our lifetime isn't it? Then why making a switch from an established career to a vocation of arts is so hard? Probably because of the uncertainty that is involved in doing so...I spoke about this with my husband and he seems to agree with it but he is asking me to have my job for another year that would bring our loans to a stable mode...Can't blame him either - letting me do what I want immediately would be simply impossible due to several liabilities we have at present...Hence I have proposed him a transition period that he has agreed to...by mid of next year, I would be ready to take the plunge, one that is not into the dark but with some certainties for which I would start doing the groundwork right away. This way I would know my real calling and be ready with the industry contacts that can propel me to heights in the right direction. And I have already started my groundwork and quite happy with that...But I have started seeing my day job as the number 1 enemy from doing what I want...so unconsciously I have and I am developing a distaste towards it and its not helping me anyways. I am going beyond my deadlines on deliverables and hating to go to meetings or worse even loathing to talk anything computers...it has literally choked me and managed to box my creativities till date...

But this damn gyaan that says everything happened for good and urging me to go forward with my ambitions keeps popping on my head...So, all I have to do is try to enjoy my job as long as I am here with my company and perform atleast OK if not great until I release myself from the clutches of the routine I have got myself into. So wish me good luck Universe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism