t

Saturday, November 05, 2005

The long lost friend

Blame it on me reading this fantastic book – “Five Point Someone” by Chetan Bhagat…It left me with a pang inside for not having a close friend for so many years now! Yes I need one now…badly! I only know God would bring me one at the right time.

I used to be always surrounded by friends...I donno may be it was in my blood to go out of my way and help my friends always...and in return of course I got a wonderful circle of friends with whom even now I am in touch. Friends from the computer class, MBA coaching class circle, college friends, school friends, neighborhood friends etc...I used to really juggle my schedule to make everyone of them happy...those were the college days I am talking about...but this great time lasted even until the time I left to America about 8 years ago. It was fun...total fun...and I damn miss it now...! I must say I made the most of it and can carry those fond memories with me lifelong.

My inner voice says that those days would never come back...Now you may ask why I crib on this? Coz, I literally don't have a close friend now! I don't have someone on whom I can lean upon and cry during hard times or share my happiness or just vent my heart's feelings without thinking twice...I hate to think twice before I talk...but don’t things change as we grow up and get married?...chances are our friends would be those with whom we spend most of the time - i.e., our cohorts, neighbors etc. but again there is a certain level of caution we exercise before saying something to them...we sort of get into the "Should I or Should I not" mode before talking to them...it is never the same friendship we shared with our buddies during the good old days with sheer innocence and freedom...we just knew that they were there for us no matter what. We never thought to hide anything from them, for they were part of us...yeah however one might retain the old friends till this date, the equation is never the same. We just call them up once in a while and during that time, we just don’t want them to hear our problems…the personal touch which was there is gone now due to the distance and hence the closeness too. Priorities and pressures, push us further into a cocooned existence where we are bound to interact only with our spouse. They become our sole(soul) rescuer.

But what happens if we want to discuss about our spouse to someone? At such times, we desperately need a friend…a person who can listen to us, non-judgmentally. Someone who could give us some insight into the problems or at the very least one who could empathize with our situation and console us. And I can never be a close friend with any of them whom I call as friends today…my compatriots…either in office or at home. So, I guess I am indeed searching for that person who can salvage my sanity over a long period of time…and hope that person comes at the right time to give me pleasant solace. A quote by Aristotle, so cut-out for this situation – “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.”

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always be there for you.
I know you will be there for me.

3:29 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Maha said...

who are you btw? Can you kindly identify yourself? Thanks! How else I would know if you are gonna be there for me?

9:47 PM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me all the names who qualify for 'I know you will be there for me', and I will reveal my name.

10:13 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger Maha said...

hmmm...that's tricky...many say so but few mean it but again I am yet to see a person who walks his talk...please let me know who you are...today when I suffered, no one could rescue me...I keep silently taking it all...and still waiting for that friend who would be forever

1:29 AM, December 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant, name all the names who qualify for 'I will always be there for you', from your point of view.
If you can not think of any names - I pity you.

10:14 AM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Maha said...

I give up...By saying someone else's name wrongly, I don't wanna hurt you...if you wish to be there for me, I would be honoured...but why not just break the ice? not many of my close ones know about this blog...that makes things all the more complex...:(

9:24 PM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Maha said...

I don't need your pity btw...And yeah...Krishna, Shiva, Vani are the names I can think of right now since you had asked...Only one knows this blogs existence and that one has clarified that he didn't leave any message...hence I wonder...

2:32 AM, December 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you have 3 good friends around, why lament about not having one?
Dont lose the ones you have now, by searching for a long lost friend, who never existed in the first place.

Have a wonderful New Year. bye.

9:02 AM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger Maha said...

May be you didn't read my post well...I never complained on lack of friends but I told I don't have one who could be around when I need him/her...read the post again then you would know what I needed...what's the problem in identifying yourself? No good friend will put me in such guessing mode...

10:27 PM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism