t

Friday, August 29, 2008

Melancholic ‘Me’

Fate spares none; we need to undergo the highs and lows of our lives no matter what and who we are. It is a realization that sets in every time a low occurs to us than when we flyi sky-high. Being between projects can be fun; but not when your employment itself becomes a looming question mark over your head after continuous, long period of idleness…this is hard truth…when a company fails to utilize your skill sets suddenly, it dents your self-esteem hugely…sipping a cuppa chai and listening to a melancholic marathi song over the radio in the nearby stall, I could sort of feel the sadness seeping through as one of the ingredients of the masala chai. It had a very depressing effect and even though I could hardly figure out what was been sung, I felt as if the song reflected my inner state – a perfect treat for a soul experiencing emotional turmoil…resisting the tears that was making way to well my eyes, I quickly gathered myself and my belongings and made an exit to avoid stares from fellow colleagues. I have not been able to express myself so well in the recent past and somehow started believing to hold things to myself rather than share the gloom with even my better half. There have been hints given to friends and family about the underlying dejection but not with so much exactitude for the fear of making them worry unnecessarily. So while the world spins around silently, here I am waiting for the one good news that I want to hear more than ever in the history of my career – ‘Welcome aboard our company…have a pleasant stay’…won’t this become a reality? Oh it would…that’s the HOPE that keeps me going…while I await that day with my fingers crossed, I know soon I would rewrite my destiny...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I completely agree with you... Hope is the only thing in life that keeps one going!
Hope you get what you are waiting for. I can't of course solve your problem but I can at least share your feeling in this moment of time... since I can very well relate to this feeling in my present state of mind... yes melancholic "me".

8:01 AM, August 30, 2008  
Blogger Cynics Twist said...

Errrm - I understand that being in your position right now would probably be something of a challenge. But are you sure you are looking at making most of what you HAVE got? I am sure the job related melancholy (we all have gone through that at some point in time, and will continue to do so) is depressing. I am sure that you get bogged down by that. But I see no reason for you not to live life a little more - get out and do something you like. Or de-stress by simply going for a run (or walk if you may). Learn music. Get out and live a little. Our employment is a big part of our lives, but its just that. A part.

9:39 PM, September 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism