t

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Great Indian Perspective

I sent a forward mail on how being vegetarian could positively affect the planet and how it is the way going forward for a healthy life to some of my Indian and American friends. And I received instant responses from them - both negative and positive.

My two american friends wrote something like this - "Wow! This is excellent...I never knew these facts...I have never given it a serious thought...this would definitely provide some 'food for thought'. Thanks for sending.'

My observation - The mail displayed the average American's open-mindedness and taking things in the right sense and seeing them in the correct perspective.

Check my response from my Indian friends -

"I don't really know from where people are able to get these stats. I believe god created everything for the goodwill of humans. It is upto each and every individual's to decide according to his likes and dislikes. But no one should enforce it. Livestock is not good for the planet....Be part of the team which kills the livestock.... become a non-vegetarian...kill and eat what you've killed..."

My observation - See how they have interpreted and arguing against the facts? This shows a average Indian's sturdy unchangeable mindset...What they have always been doing from childhood is the right thing and there is literally no scope for a change even if the facts are laid out in black and white.

Since my intention was never to force or impose things, I had to send out an apology mail to couple of them...As a fellow human being, I think it is my duty to enlighten people and leave the choice to them...be it religion, politics or food. I have always strongly believed in following what you feel.

Soemtimes I feel people like them should be bold enough to come and talk to me directly to get things straight. I am very much open to a healthy debate, but again even for a healthy debate, we need open mind...! You can't afford to get offended for small things...For me change is growth and an open-mind which absorbs good things is going to be one that ultimately has eternal wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism