t

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quotations Freak...!

It's a strange realization that dawned on me when my colleague pointed out the number of quotes I have surrounded myself at work yesterday....there it was...open for everyone to see; on my mini whiteboard - some scribble on a quote from Aristotle, one from Kabir from the bluish gray HelpAge India Calendar, a motivational tabletop calendar, a green-calendar with tips to go green, Dilberts quotes, and a screen saver too with quotes! Quotes everywhere...

Jeez, why I do surround myself with so many quotes? Have I turned into a sort of 'Quotations Freak'? Even if that's the case, what's wrong? Come to think of it, it all started with my optimistic notion that 'World is Good' despite of all things that one hear or sees or reads. Not all is lost...so when you are surrounded with workplace negativity and the negativity from hearing unwanted news around you, one would need a constant source to renew one's energy...and probably that was what I was aiming for unconsciously ...by helping myself with an ample serving of quotations...


It is so nice to start a conversation over a quote...it happens all the time with me, much to by surprise or even embarrassment (though it is not!) almost every other day someone stops by, cares to read what I have written and then comments on it whether I like it or not, and more often I have found that they smile at it and our conversation ends on a positive note. One day much to my astonishment, a colleague said that he reads drops by my cubicle everyday to read the quotations I write and to get a little dose of motivation! Wow...now that was unexpected, given the fact I he is not one of the best guys to hang out with given is sharp sarcasm levels the moment he opens his mouth...this is simply an example of what profound impact a written word can do to anyone...so I am happy that by doing these mindless yet mindful stuff of being a QF, I am helping myself and also others, albeit inadvertently.

So before signing-off, let me give you a dose of QOMD (Quotation of Maha’s Day) from my stable...

"Successful and Unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities..They vary in their desires to reach their potential."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to join TowardsVeganism
Click to join TowardsVeganism